Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday October 5, 2012 - The View From Section EE

Not a whole lot to report this week, then as I failed to set my alarm and as I scramble to get Bri ready for school, she makes me laugh. We were about ready to head out the door when she wanted to go get her library book and return it. Then she says "When we go to Okoboji next summer, I want to go to the Spencer  Library and look for Dewey." I was pretty confused, so in the short amount of time I ask what she means. She checked out a library book and the book was about a cat named Dewey and he lives in the Spencer Library. She showed me the page where it shows a library in a town of Spencer. So without a doubt, she will probably remember and next summer we will be searching for a cat in the Spencer library.

Emily has been having a bout with this nasty cough. It seems to be getting better, but enough to drive us all crazy when she cant sleep in the middle of the night. At least she still lovers her Pingu on Netflix. There is only one actual word on the show, and its Pingu. A bunch of grunts and mumbling. Similar to an Evans family gathering. Here is Em and her Pingu song.


Prediction:

I am now 2-1 after last weeks debacle on the offensive side of the ball. The defense did what it needed to do to win Big 12 games. It will be tough to shut out Big 12 schools so the offense needs to show up week to week. That was one of the worst offensive performances we have seen in a while. It was a challenge, but ISU's quarterback Steele Jantz won that challenge by only passing for 3 yards in the first half, and that was two completed passes. It was brutal to watch, and its hard to pinpoint where the began. Bad quarterback play, bad play calling, bad offensive line, etc. Hopefully things will change tomorrow or it could be a long season.

Prior to the season I thought TCU could be a team to beat. Its their first year in the Big 12 and even though they have had some success, they have not played the difficult schedule of the Big 12. I assumed they would be closer to .500 winning percentage by the time the season is done. Then ISU looked awful last week, so I was leading toward a 14 point TCU win. Then Wednesday night, TCU's starting quarterback gets picked up for drunken driving and is suspended. That changes things a lot in my mind. TCU now will be starting a quarterback who was about to play some running back due to their injuries at that position. With two days notice to prepare, I think the TCU offense will struggle, not like ISU struggled last week (no team can have a worse offense performance) and the ISU defense shuts them down. If ISU can straighten out half its poor offense and put up 24 points, I think they can win.

27
13


No comments:

Post a Comment