Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday June, 6, 2010

Since it has been a while, I figured now would be as good a time as any to get this started back up again. Just so you know, I am off for the next two weeks, so I should have plenty of time on my hands.......... Not really that much time, since we have been busy the past four days. On Thursday June 3, 2010 at 7:22 PM, our new addition finally arrived. Little, not really little, Emily Ann joins us. She was 9 pounds 13 ounces. Needless to say, shes a beast.

Here is a little run down on the events of last Thursday.

Kristy was finished working the second of three straight nights in a row. She had been talking for the past month that every night she worked was her last for twelve weeks. The only prediction that was correct was the due date the doctors came up with. Kristy thought for sure she would go early, but that did not happen.

So I was sitting at Bri's tee-ball, I will post about that later, when I got a text that said today was the day. I kind of shrugged it off, because when Bri was born, it was a 27 hour ordeal. Kristy said not to hurry, so we ate lunch and came home. Kristy said her water kind of broke, so we went in. Once she was admitted, I thought for sure families would show up in four hours and I would meet up with them at Paulie's for a few drinks before anything happened. To make a long story short, once the nurses' shift change was happening, little Emily was born. A grand total of eight hours plus of labor.


Here is one of our first pics of Emily with Bri and Kristy.

The whole time we never found out what we were having. We thought for sure it was a boy. Emily was the only girl name we came up with. It was definitely a shock to us. Bri was a little disappointed when we didn't name her Taylor Swift, but she will get over it. When I walked out into the waiting area I said we have a baby, but I did not tell any of our family what we had. I took Bri back first so she could make the announcement. I could hear the grumblings as I walked away. Here is the short video we took of Bri telling our family. She could not wait to get back out there to tell them.

Since then, Emily and Kristy are doing really well, minus getting good sleep, but the adjustment period begins. Even Reagan seems to be liking things, even though he knows he is now out numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment