Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday March 3, 2010

OK, its been way too long. Kristy keeps asking me update this thing even though we live TOGETHER and she knows what happens everyday. So here we go.

As we were minding our own business getting ready to pick up some groceries some 17 year old girl backed into our car. I was in the process of dropping Kristy off in the crosswalk of a Hy-Vee and this girl backed into the rear passenger side door, right next to Bri. No injuries but Bri did say later that "when that girl hit us at Hy-Vee I hit my head". A few days later, she shows no signs of brain damage, just the same old talking all the time, not listening to us, unrolling a whole roll of toilet paper on the bathroom floor (see below), not going to bed on time, being grumpy in the morning, this list could go on for hours.

The insurance companies went to work really fast. Two days later we were notified to go get an estimate and set up a time to get it fixed. Who would have thought a one foot by one foot dent in our door would be over $2,200 in damage. Good thing we weren't at fault. Too bad it will take a month for us to get it in to get worked on and once its there, it will take five days to fix. We better get a Corvette or something fancy for a rental. Somehow, I see them giving us a mini-van.

On a related note to brain damage, Bri had a tough time this morning. I was taking her to pre-school and as I got her out of the car, I reached in a grabbed her back and hat. Bri is standing there looking at me with the bright sun shining in her eyes as I begin to shut the door. For some reason, she sways into the path of the door and I hammered her right above the eye and the impact knocked her on her butt. As I picked her up she had a mark on her face and had a few tears already. She said she wanted to go back home and go to bed. At this point, I thought maybe she is hurt. I walked her inside and dropped her off at her door and informed the teacher that she ran into the path of the closing door, so that mark was not caused by child abuse. I was anxiously awaiting protective services when I picked her up. I guess its time to go find a nice helmet (or helm-hat and Bri would say). Again, no signs of injury.

Here is the picture of Bri and the roll of toilet paper. This potty training is nice, but now she likes to screw around and make us angry at her. This is just one of those moments. Disregard her sitting on the toilet. An finally, back to Reagan. I have said this a million times before, but he has every right to bite, scratch, and fight with her on a daily basis. Below is a picture of her playing veterinarian with him. She bandaged up his paws. We only allowed her to bandage up the front, she wanted to do all four legs. He just sat there and let her do it. Speaking of Reagan, I found a video of him an Bri "playing". He is starting to realize that she is older and can put up with a good fight. He plays rough with me and I have some scratches to prove it. In the video, she is slapping him and he is jumping back at her. But we taught Reagan a good safe word whenever he and I are fighting with each other, "Kisses". In the video, you can hear Bri slap at him then say "kisses" and he stops and starts licking her.

OK, one more video. This was a Saturday when we watched Evan and Drew. They were maniacs. The video was taken around 10 pm, well after they were suppose to be in bed. They just ran and ran in circles. It made me tired just watching it.

And to polish this off this lengthy post, I will plug my cousin Terry's new blog. "The Evans Politick".

http://www.theevanspolitick.blogspot.com/

If any of you want a good view on politics, jump right in. He likes people to respond and post, so if anyone wants to join in, his email is at the top and fire away. If you don't agree with us, we will judge you to the fullest extent possible. (Just kidding, kind of)

No comments:

Post a Comment